Friday 29 October 2010

fireworks.



























model: shadee


today shadee & i dyed my hair ginger for a halloween party tomorrow, it was one of the most curious experiences of my life. entirely. i felt sick with nerves that it was going horribly wrong, and from the putrid smell of chemicals and hazards from the small foil packet.


water rushed over my head and deep into my scalp as my bathtub filled quickly with masses of crimson residue. the jets deafened me, but not as much to not hear the 'shut your eyes!' from shadee, as she started massaging my scalp. i didn't want to shut them. didn't want to miss any of this experience, it felt like a legal high! the anticipation and the colour and the adrenaline.


the whole thing was saddening for me, though; it showed just how much we care about our appearance in the modern day world - the fact that dying our hair can leave us with lightning-quick pulses and sighs of relief.


spontaneity is what i decided was the remedy; so shadee and i went out to photoshoot, grabbing clothes from her house on the way. we broke into an old abandoned plot of land and i felt alive.


you're only young once; don't waste it with anticipation.

1 comment:

  1. great photography, thanks for the tweet!
    + check out my blog,
    velvetcigarette.com

    ReplyDelete